There is no compromise when it comes to the health and safety of our homeowners, guests and staff alike. It has been a confusing year with many government rules and state regulations changing day by day – but now more than ever before it is important that we remain responsive to the changes.
LUXICO has reviewed our processes and implemented a stringent set of policies and procedures, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
UPDATES TO LUXICO’S CLEANING POLICY & CONCIERGE SERVICES:
On June 20, LUXICO updated and implemented changes to the procedures followed by our concierge and cleaning team. All LUXICO homes will receive the treatment outlined below – to ensure the continued safety of guests, staff and owners.
HOW WILL MY HOME BE MANAGED BEFORE/AFTER EVERY STAY?
Every precaution will be taken to protect your health and safety. The following will be undertaken regardless of whether COVID-19 signs/symptoms have been reported.
- LUXICO housekeeping suppliers will stringently follow AirBNB’s cleaning handbook as well as complying with cleaning guidelines provided by the Vacation Rental Association as a benchmark for mandatory cleaning standards
- Disposable gloves will be worn when provisioning and inspecting properties. The team will dispose of gloves after each use, then wash/sanitise hands.
- When inspecting properties prior to guest arrival, rooms will be checked and disinfectant wipes will be used to clean light switches and door knobs, before closing the door.
- There will be diligent recalling of the cleaning team if required.
- Additional COVID-19 items will be provided to guests upon their arrival:
- 2x rolls disposable paper towel
- Multipurpose surface cleaner
- Disinfectant wipes and spray
- 1x box disposable gloves
- 1x Antibacterial hand sanitiser pump
- 1x box of tissues
- Full hand soap in each bathroom, powder room and kitchen
- Fully stocked kitchen cleaning kit (per usual process) with clean dish brush, new Chux wipes etc
WHAT HAPPENS IF A GUEST WHO IS STAYING AT MY HOME REPORTS COVID-19?
In the event that a guest staying with LUXICO has been diagnosed with COVID-19, the following cleaning procedures will take place:
- 24 hours after guest check-out, our cleaning team will conduct a deep clean in accordance to ‘deep clean’ specifications while also following the standard cleaning guidelines on check out.
- 48 hours prior to guest check-in, a standard clean will take place, disinfecting all surfaces and making the bed with new mattress protectors, pillow protectors, double pillow cases, double bottom sheet as added precaution.
UPDATES TO LUXICO’S GUEST PROCEDURES:
In accordance to government regulations, guests will now be asked to take part in a series of necessary steps, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
WHAT ARE LUXICO GUESTS ASKED TO DO PRE/POST STAY?
- Guests will be asked to complete an online government form prior to their arrival, to confirm any potential risk of coronavirus spread.
- Guests will receive automated SMS notifications during their stay and 24 hours prior to check out – requesting updates on whether they have experienced any related symptoms, or if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 during their stay.
- Guests will be asked to report if they have come in contact with anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
BOOKING CHANGES/EXTENSIONS DUE TO COVID-19
LUXICO has implemented guidelines to determine the best outcome for guests and owners when extending a stay.
The following applies in the event that:
(1) A guest is diagnosed with COVID-19
(2) The guest requests a booking extension
(3) Booking extension conflicts with another booking
WHAT IF A GUEST WISHES TO EXTEND THEIR STAY AFTER BEING DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19 AND IT CONFLICTS WITH AN INCOMING BOOKING?
If the incoming booking is a short stay (less than 7 nights):
- LUXICO will seek approval from the property owner to allow the booking extension to proceed.
- The incoming guest will be alerted to the fact that the previous guest was diagnosed with COVID-19 and advised of LUXICO’s cleaning policies
- The incoming guest will then be relocated to an alternative property
If the incoming booking is a long-term stay:
- LUXICO will notify the property owner.
- The incoming guest will be alerted to the previous guests health and will be advised of LUXICO’s cleaning policies
- The in-house guest will be relocated to another property at least 4 days prior to next guest check in (if their health permits).
- If the in-house guest is extremely unwell and are bedridden, the incoming guest should be relocated.