Australian residents who are due to check in before 30 June 2020 will now have the option to cancel their booking and receive a full credit note for future travel within the next 18 months – no questions asked.
Overseas residents who booked before 30 April 2020 and are due to check in before 31 December 2020 will have the option to cancel their booking and receive a full refund or credit note for future travel within the next 18 months – no questions asked.
Guests In-House who elect to check out early will be subject to our standard Booking Terms & Conditions and will not be eligible for refund or credit. If you have cause to believe that you may need to leave early, we recommend that you opt for a credit note and delay your trip.
If you are due to check in during peak period (December – January) and borders are closed to prevent your travel with no date set for borders to re-open, you must cancel your booking 30 days prior to your check in date to be eligible for a credit note. In the event of last minute cancellations during peak season, credit notes will only be provided subject to the property being re-booked for the same dates.
If you’re checking in after 30 June 2020, the following policy relating to COVID-19 will apply:
You will be eligible to receive a full credit note if you are unable to travel as planned 30 days from your check in date for any of the following reasons:
- If a person you have named on your guest agreement as staying at your Luxico accommodation has been infected with COVID-19 (certified medical certificate or letter from Doctor required);
- If your flight is cancelled due to COVID-19 with no alternative flight offered/available;
- If you are travelling with elderly or high-risk guests whose health may be compromised by travel (certified medical certificate or letter from Doctor required);
- If your country of residence imposes a quarantine following travel to/from that destination
- If you are in Australia and government restrictions are imposed on domestic travel
- If you are residing outside Australian and government restrictions prevent you from entering Australia
- You are residing outside Australia and your country of residence issues a Do No Travel warning for your destination
What do I do if I need to change or cancel my booking due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
In the event that your trip is disrupted by the coronavirus, please complete a request to cancel your booking as soon as possible to:
- Convert your booking to a full credit for the amount paid to date for future travel within 18 months from the date your credit note is issued;
- Cancel your booking and claim a full refund from your travel insurance company. Luxico will supply you with the necessary paperwork to assist you to file a claim. Not all insurance companies will cover out of pocket expenses incurred from a pandemic, and there are varying conditions and eligibility criteria that will determine whether this option is available to you. Please contact your insurer to confirm if this option is possible. (Note that a credit will not be provided to you in the event that you have claimed a refund from your insurer);
- Receive a full refund if you are currently living outside Australia and your country of residence issues a travel warning of “Do not travel” (or equivalent) to the destination booked.
Got questions? Feel free to contact us to discuss your unique circumstances. We’re here to help.
For booking changes and cancellations related to not related to COVID-19, our standard Booking Terms & Conditions will apply.
Updated 25 September 2020